Many fellas ask me: “why should I learn Python?” so I solved to list a lot of reasons.
Python is the most excited language I’ve ever worked. I use Python since 2008, actually I started to study python since my first year on the graduation. It was funny because I was studying C and Python shows up so easy. I remember which I had many problems with semicolon. Six years passed and now, Python is stronger. So, let me show you some reasons for u use Python:
- Python is easy and it is clear. You don’t need to waste time with monkey jobs. You just need to develop what you want.
- Many companies use Python like NASA, GLOBO (Brazil) , M$, APPLE, DISNEY, DROPBOX, GOOGLE… believe Python is everywhere.
- “Python has been an important part of Google since the beginning, and remains so as the system grows and evolves. Today dozens of Google engineers use Python, and we’re looking for more people with skills in this language.” said Peter Norvig, director of search quality at Google, Inc. See more.
- Object-Oriented Programming or Functional Programming or Imperative programming. You don’t need to choose it. You can use all it with Python. Lambda, map, filter, zip… I love it.
- The Python interpreter allow you test code snippets very quickly. Actually, if you are using Python on Linux, you should install bpython.
- There is no company behind Python (like Java has) but there is a huge community. Actually, community is the most cool thing when is talking about opensource.
- Python is now the the most popupar introductory teaching language at top US universities because it is powerfull and easy to learn it.
- Also, Python won twice the “Programming language of the year” created by the TIOBE and according the IEEE, Python is the 4th language most popular.
- There are a lot of content on the web to study. See my page.
So, listen to me. You should learn it, man! I will increase that list but for while it is enough.